is a surgical procedure that improves visible signs of aging in the face and neck that resulted from loss of youthful contours, such as:
- Sagging of the facial skin
- Deepening of the fold lines between the nose and corner of the mouth
- Decreased/ disappeared facial fat
- Jowls developing in the cheeks and jaw
- Loose skin and excess fat of the neck – “double chin” or “turkey neck”
Other procedures that might be performed in conjunction with a facelift are brow lift and eyelid surgery to rejuvenate aging eyes. Fat transfer or fillers may be suggested to replace the lost fatty volume. Skin treatments such as IPL, dermabrasion, peels or laser may be offered to improve the quality and texture of the skin.
is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the eyelids. Surgery can be performed on the upper lids, lower lids or both.
It can treat:
- Excess skin or Drooping eyelids
- Bags / Fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the eyelids
c. Nose reshaping “Surgical Rhinoplasty”
enhances facial harmony and the proportions of your nose. It can also correct impaired breathing caused by structural defects in the nose.
- Nose size in relation to facial balance
- Nose width & asymmetry
- Nasal tip that is enlarged or upturned
- Nostrils that are large, wide or upturned
d. Cheek augmentation,
is to add volume or lift to the cheeks. Some people are bothered by their cheeks losing volume, or even sagging, with age. Others never develop the desired volume in their cheeks and are bothered by cheeks that may be considered flat or thin.
Surgical options for augmenting and enhancing the cheeks are fat grafting/transfer (where a patient’s own fat is used) or the use of solid “cheek implants”. A nonsurgical option is the use of injectable fillers to enhance the cheeks.
e. Neck lift “Lower Rhytidectomy”,
It can treat excess fat and loose skin in the lower face & neck.
Some people feel they are not ready for a full facelift because the upper face is still pleasing. However, many patients will note excess wrinkling of the neck skin, a double chin or “turkey neck”.
When the neck area doesn’t match the upper facial appearance, a neck lift may be a good solution.