- The main devices used are; Diode – Alexandrite – Nd:YAG – IPL.
- People with thick, coarse, and dark hair are the best candidates for laser hair removal.
- You need to stop using specific medications.
Any medications that are photosensitive need to be stopped at least one week prior to the session.
- Average number of sessions is about 6 to 8 treatments.
Everybody is different, so the amount of sessions varies from one person to another.
Different parts of the body have different growth rates & therefore could take longer or shorter depending on which area you’re treating.
- One thing you need to do before your session: shave.
We ask that you shave the area you are treating before the session so that the laser can penetrate into the root of the hair.
You should not wax or bleach any hair one month before your session because the root needs to stay intact in order for the laser to effectively destroy the hair.
- Apply a sun screen after your session.
If you do a session on face, neck or any sun exposed area. You have to avoid sun exposure & use of a sunscreen for a 1 week after the session.
- Side effects can be avoided with proper skin care after the session.
Risks including discoloration, redness, and scarring can be avoided with proper cooling & skin care after the session.