Dandruff is a common condition that causes the skin on the scalp to flake. It can be embarrassing and might be a part of underlying medical condition.
Dandruff usually begins in young adulthood and continues through middle age. Symptoms may be more severe with stress and tend to flare in cold and dry seasons. For some people, the problem can be lifelong.
What are the most common causes of Hair Dandruff?
- Seborrheic dermatitis – which can also appear on the face, upper chest and armpits.
- Tinea Capitis – Fungal infection of the scalp.
- Contact dermatitis – Sensitivity to hair care products such as hair dye, sprays and gels.
- Psoriasis – Silvery scales of the scalp with affection of other areas of the body.
- While the link between a nutrient-poor diet and dandruff is not fully understood, people with dandruff might want to consume more food rich in nutrients.
- How to treat Hair Dandruff?
- There are several
- different types of anti-dandruff shampoos.
- They must include one of these ingredients;
- Zinc pyrithione.
- Selenium sulphide.